The following is a general list of Pedal Pull rules.
1. The Contest will be for ages 4 – 11 years old and 12 years old at State and National Championships.
(Ohana Pedal Pullers may allow children under the age of 4 to pull for fun. These children are not eligible for trophies and can not sign up for the Iowa State Championship Pull. )
2. Child will enter the age, he or she is the day of the pedal pull.
(Proof of age is required at Iowa State and National Championships.)
3. Trophies or Prizes will be given to 1st and 2nd place finishers.
(Trophies and/or prizes are supplied by the event sponsor.)
4. Whoever can pull the weighted sled the greatest distance in their age group will be the winner of that event.
5. Each Contestant must register prior to the event and have a parent’s or guardian’s signature on the registration form.
6. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers are eligible to advance to the State Championship. ( See Our FAQ page for more details)
7. Child may not place their hand on the tractor tire at any time during their pull to help increase their pulling distance.
8. Child may not place one or both feet on the ground to push the tractor forward.
9. Any arguing with the track officials by a contestant, parent and/or guardian will not be allowed and could result in the disqualification of the contestant. If you have a disagreement with a ruling please talk to us in private after the pull is complete.
10. All rulings by track officials are final and may supersede any of the above rules.